Using a DC wall adapter

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
katarakt

Re: Using a DC wall adapter

Post by katarakt »

Buying a wall adapter is no problem, you find them on ebay a lot! No need for mcmaster anymore.

silky303

Post by silky303 »

I think I will try the Jameco link.I have dealt with them in the past when I bought some metal dials for my xox.Only problem was the shipping to Canada was very expensive.Wasn't worth the shipping price as I ended up putting the original dials back on.The Metal Dials looked really nice but I just didn't like the feel of them.I guess spending the extra money for shipping to get a proper power supply is probably a smart thing to do.Thanx again to Alex for the link.

silky303

Post by silky303 »

I always thought e-bay would be the best place to find a power supply but for some reason I can't find the proper one or if I do find the right one price is outrageous, or the shipping is usually from China or Hong Kong.That is like a months worth of waiting if it even arrives.I think I will try jameco.I know they ship very quickly but charge a lot to ship up to the great white north.

katarakt

Post by katarakt »

I bought 2 power supplies, 300mAh, from ebay together for 12€ (18,55 CAD), shipping included. Most power supplies are indeed DC ones but you should be able to find them.
Last edited by katarakt on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

eil

Post by eil »

Used 9VAC adapters are easy to find. For some reason, older phone equipment used them a lot. Look for modems, answering machines, and wireless phones that people are throwing out, lots of them will have 9VAC adapters. (The adapter that I use for my x0xb0x came from a 28.8k U.S. Robotics modem.)

JRock

Post by JRock »

I used a 12v DC that I hacked. Found this link:
http://www.instructables.com/id/9VAC-po ... -you-need/
I don't know much about this stuff and I was able to make it work. Just follow the tracks from the plug wires to the (transformer?) My pcb was slightly different so pay attention!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”