x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dnigrin

Re: x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Post by dnigrin »

OK, thanks - will await your feedback re: the clicks, as well as the testing procedure (and the white-line-painting-on-pots tips!) :-)

Will give a try to the new resistor value for the white LED when I open it up to do the above stuff. Good luck with your studio remodel!

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Brian, if you get a moment, until you've got next steps for debugging the clicking issue, could you post that pdf for painting the white lines on the pots? I can't imagine it's rocket science, but would love to see your approach - thanks!

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

yes, will do. It's a pretty good technique I found ;)
...and I list the specific paint and brush I use.

I'm almost 100% back up. I've got my computer hooked up, music stuff mostly setup, and my lab station set up.
I'll dig up the file.

It's not all roses though. The new room has a helacious problem in the 150Hz area. It sucks, really bad at the mix position :evil: Fortunately I have some absorbers & bass traps to help with the low freq stuff, just takes some work to figure out where they need to go.

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Hi Brian,
Hope that's everything is ok for you !!
I'm sealing parts at the moment and i'm arriving in step 7 and i have a question about square and round trimpots :
i've got one P 104 square, one P502 square, two 502 round and two 503 round. Please could you explain which one is TM5, TM402, TM4, TM401, etc ! I ask that because i don't know when i must use round or square trimpots !!!
Thanks a lot for your help.

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Nobody in the aera to help me ??

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

I'm guessing Brian must be still busy these days I'm afraid - I'm also still waiting for troubleshooting info.... My x0xi0 is built and in the case at the moment, otherwise I would try to help, but I can't see what my trimmers look like - sorry!

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Hi dnigrin !
ok no problem, i suppose too that Brian is busy !
About trimmers do you have bought him special trimmers ? or you have stock one ?
Thanks for your interest about my little problem !!
Bye.
K

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

I have the stock ones, but I sure wish I got those multi-turn trimmers mentioned earlier in the other thread - tuning this thing is not easy at all!

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

That's ok for all trimpots, expect TM5, i don't know if i use Round or square one ????? I have found the post where Brian speaks about but unfortunaly there's no more picture :-( !!

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

That's ok too for TM5 i have seen on last page of building manual, you're talking about vco calibration and trimmpots. By the way, i have used round one for TM5.
Bye.
K

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Hey Brian, you still there?? I really would love to get some help on debugging the clicks problem, especially since it seems like it's been present in several people's builds...

Thanks!

boops

Post by boops »

hi all,i find this in page 44 of the full kit manual :replace R61 by a 0 ohm resistor????is there a mistake? thanks

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

..I'm still here, just have not got to working on units to troubleshoot.
I have two x0xi0's for customers I'm finished up after which I will build my own 2nd unit and dive straight into the troubleshooting. I'm here viewing the forum several times per week, I just have not started troubleshooting so nothing to add just yet to the posts in this thread. I'm not burnt out on x0xb0x stuff but just lost a little focus because of some other very important things going on in my life... good things :)
Sorry for the slow feedback but no worries I will be back anwering your build questions very soon.

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Thanks Brian - good to hear from you, I know speaking for myself I'm happy to wait till you get a bit more time, so we can properly debug the clicking problem.

@boops - If I remember correctly, the 0 ohm resistor is not a mistake - it should have been included in the kit. I don't understand why Brian did this, as he could have just used a jumper; from what I understand, most times 0 ohm resistors are used to allow them to be placed on the circuit board using the same automated equipment used to place other resistors, instead of requiring a separate machine to install a jumper or other wire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-ohm_link

boops

Post by boops »

thanks dnigrin,i am building the basic xoxbox before the full kit,and replace or remove completely some components as written in the page 44 of manual "io full kit"Am i in the right way?is my basic xoxbox will work? i ve just changed the trimmer for multi tour ones unlucky,i 've bought the slim and high ones,bad matching with the 3/8 inches standoffs ,tomorrow i will change them:( i find, in my rear kit the 2 trimmers for the rear mod tm 301 tm 302 do i have to change them with multi tour too?!best regards boops

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”