x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rv0

Re: x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Post by rv0 »

spiders and and mice are starting to thrive in my kit-box b :(

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

I'd like to wrap this up before year end if possible. Kindly putting the squeeze on you, Brian!

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Me too Brian!!

You could always give us the first half of the manual personally instead of posting anything :) That'd keep us busy, I'm sure.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

errrrr. I'm here ;)
There's five of you guys currently out there that have the custom PCB set, I haven't forgot you
I have quite the workload at JBL and with BC Audio. I've been waiting to announce some exciting stuff on the website but the dates are not set yet. Basically my day job is being BANNED (has been ongoing for several months), and with a generous going away package it's the perfect opportunity for me to continue with my company full time. Engineering went from about 120 to 10 people! Looks like I might be there until the middle of next year. At any rate I've been ramping up, taking a lot of custom design work, and have some new things planned once the documentation for x0xi0 is complete. I plan to continue selling x0xi0 kits for the foreseeable future, and keep all parts on hand at all times. The custom enclosures for the custom PCB kits come back from silkscreen next week, so that is happening as well.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

am i seeing on the pic what i think i'm seeing?
303i0 ?

anyway.. Please don't forget us, I know your other projects are probably a lot more exciting, but waiting 6 months so far to be able to finish a kit isn't fun at all for us.

On the other hand, you really put a lot of effort in your docs, they're the best build manuals I've ever read. So I can understand how time consuming it is to get it right.

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Thanks for the update Brian - looking forward to the other stuff you've got in the pipeline, and hope it all works out with your job and stuff. But yes, as painful as it will surely be (I hate creating the documentation for my apps!), please give a push when you get some time to get those custom PCB instructions out the door... it will be greatly appreciated (by 5 of us, anyway!).

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

303i0 ?
no, it's all custom work. There's some custom 303 work, a couple of my 909 mod kit you're probably seeing (the extra pcb and see the extra holes in 909 panel). This is just my work in progress table, more stuff in waiting area. This is all stuff that's been in the queue. Point being, I'm still working 9-5 (wasn't supposed to be at this point), and lots of work, hence no documentation yet :? There is no new projects until x0xi0 is done.

bump.

Brassteacher

Post by Brassteacher »

Is that a TR-808 board in the bottom left corner of the pic?

I think it's an Acidlab Miami board.

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Excellent ! :mrgreen:

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Hey E:pp:ik, i've just read ur blog, very interessant !
I have finished now my third x0xi0, i have to make improve to resolve that f.....g click problem to the 2 first x0xi0 and after i will begin the new and last one with custom' pcbs !
I've read that instruction still not written by Brian, i think that i will begin like you with top and I/o boards and atfer see with custom pcb's !
I plan to do it next january ! we get in touch to give us advice about our parallel building :-) !
Merry christmas custom pcb friend :-)

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

That's what I've done also kroutshev - built the x0xi0 boards, but not the custom x0xb0x ones yet... just waiting now....

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”