i think its gate mod

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
isak

i think its gate mod

Post by isak »

Hi every one :)

question :

if i want to play a sequence with long notes not the short ones like it is now.. how can i do that? is this what u call Gate?
is there any mod to this gate?

thanks from advance

Isak :)

phono

Re: i think its gate mod

Post by phono »

just place several notes of the same next to each otehr and use slide to tie them to a single note

isak

Post by isak »

thanks for u'r reply phono

but i dont want to do it like u said ..its not practical at all.
if there will be long notes and i turn the env mod up to 75% i will get some fatness from the x0x and that what i'm lookong for.

so if any one here knows how to make the gate long notet i'll b happy to know..please :mrgreen:

thanks again phono my man :)

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

this works very well
x0xd0x wrote: "Gate On Forever

Tie a line from the juncture of D35 and R133 to a single pole switch, and the other end to 12V. When the switch is on, the gate will be on forever, but the sound will still die when the main envelope closes the VCA. A good place to get 12V is pin 3 of J4 (pin 1 is 5.333v, pin 2 GND and pin 3 12v)"
and it works even better when you tie it to this:
x0xd0x wrote: "VCA Envelope On Forever

Tie a line from the juncture of D36 and R134 to a single pole switch, and the other end to 12V. In conjunction with the Gate On Forever mod (see above), this will allow the sound to play forever."
I generally put them on the same switch

isak

Post by isak »

thanks mome rath its working great. :)
but not in the same switch, if i put them together the sound clicks very much when the mod is off.

thanks again :wink:

isak

Post by isak »

Hi guys

can i control on the length of the note in gate mod somehow?

thanks

Isak :)

marrrs

Post by marrrs »

mome rath wrote:this works very well
x0xd0x wrote: "Gate On Forever

Tie a line from the juncture of D35 and R133 to a single pole switch, and the other end to 12V. When the switch is on, the gate will be on forever, but the sound will still die when the main envelope closes the VCA. A good place to get 12V is pin 3 of J4 (pin 1 is 5.333v, pin 2 GND and pin 3 12v)"
and it works even better when you tie it to this:
x0xd0x wrote: "VCA Envelope On Forever

Tie a line from the juncture of D36 and R134 to a single pole switch, and the other end to 12V. In conjunction with the Gate On Forever mod (see above), this will allow the sound to play forever."
I generally put them on the same switch
How is the "VCA Envelope On Forever"-mod supposed to work? I did the mod, but the envelope is only on forever if I run the sequence and then changes to Keyboard mode, otherwise nothing happens. I want the envelope to be on forever regardless of anything else. I don't have to have the "Gate On Forever"-mod also, right?

charlie_says

Post by charlie_says »

@mome

Presumably if you're putting both wires thru the same switch that's a DPST switch??

Or, do you "double up" on the connection to the 12v??

isak

Post by isak »

Hi guys
this is the way and the switch.

charlie_says

Post by charlie_says »

Yeah, that would do it...
Can you post up a sample? (I couldn't find one when I searched thru the forum) I'd be quite interested in hearing how this sounds...

marrrs

Post by marrrs »

Yeah, just to be clear if anybody else wonders, the "VCA Envelope On Forever"-mod DOES NOT work properly on it's own, it MUST be combined with the "Gate On Forever"-mod to work. However the "Gate On Forever"-mod does work on it's own.

isak

Post by isak »

lazlokovacs wrote:Yeah, just to be clear if anybody else wonders, the "VCA Envelope On Forever"-mod DOES NOT work properly on it's own, it MUST be combined with the "Gate On Forever"-mod to work. However the "Gate On Forever"-mod does work on it's own.
its not exactly correct the vca env on forever is working gr8 :)
if u play a pattern and hold the slide button in normal mod it will fade out but in the vca env on forever it will keep on going and going ..
and in keyboard mode if its on normal mod if u press the note and keep on pressing it will fade out but in the vca env on forever it wil play forever.
i think that this is the way it should be..if i'm wrog,please correct me.

now, if u take the gate on forever and the vca on forever and combine them this is what u'll get :
View My Video
the first 16 bars is without the mods the second 16 bars is with the gate on forever and vca on for ever.
i hope it helps.

charlie_says

Post by charlie_says »

thanks isak!

isak

Post by isak »

you wlecome my friend.

BTW if u'll find the way to control the length of the note on the gate on forever mod please let me know.

thanks
:)

charlie_says

Post by charlie_says »

Funny you should say that. I currently have a VCA decay mod which does very little, but I think I'll add in the Gate on and see how they interect before adding in the VCA on forever.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”