VCO out - effects - VCF in!!!

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JRock

VCO out - effects - VCF in!!!

Post by JRock »

VCO out - effects - VCF in = samples
I finished my mods till I get a second VCO.
Res boost R97 - 9.4k
Bass Boost on a switch (still not satisfied with the bass boost, maybe I didn't hook it up right)
Cutoff Filter R47 -4.7k parallel to the 10k
VCO out + VCF in

When I turn the cutoff all the way down I can barely hear anything even with TM3 fully CW./ Wonder if I used a different value than 4.7 if it would make the whole knob usable. Don't know if I would go up in vale or down though. Don't really understand . When they run parallel does the value increase to 14.7k or decrease to 5.3?

Anyway I got some clips: one clean (just res boost and filter mod) and one with effects loop and bass boost. Recorded with my 606 on a separate track for a little rhythm. Need find my mini mixer to mix x0x, drums and other synths back into VCF. Second clip has oscillator run through overdrive, then chorus, then phaser. I added ther delay after the mix out cuz the gate just chops it up in time with the sequencer if I run it through the vcf...

Oh well, won't let me upload an mp3... How else can I get a clip on here?

phono

Re: VCO out - effects - VCF in!!!

Post by phono »

TM3 sets the center freq of the cutoff filter, so if you did the cutoff mod, which only lets you turn it down more (nothing else) then its probably normal behaviour.

bass boost just adds a little low end, its not very noticable unless you have a decent low end system to hear it on ;) just dial in some bass on your eq?

parallel resistors work on current like water flows out of a tap/faucet, so if you have 2 taps on its going to let more water flow

JRock

Re: VCO out - effects - VCF in!!!

Post by JRock »

Thanks for the response. If you can't tell I'm pretty new to this...
So the parallel resistors would reduce the value to 5.3?
I figgered that's what happened with the cutoff. Thanks for lettin me know.
I set up a tiny mixer and I'm runnin my 106, my Jx-3p and my miniak through the VCF, and runnin them all through a bass amp. The bass boost is a lot more distinct when I run something with some real bass punch through it, or I have an old DOD corrosion pedal (for sick, twisty metal distortion for my guitar) If I run the VCO out through it or run the mix out to it It makes a bigger difference too.
I was surprised that distortion seems much more effective on the outboard as opposed to osc out to filter in effects loop.
Hope I don't sound whiny or dissatisfied with all these questions about the mods cause my machine sounds BANNED Awesome!!! Just don't quite know what I'm doing, didn't quite know what to expect and making sure that everything is what it's supposed to be.
Love to run another synth into the mixer along with the x0x VCO then tune the x0x to 4ths or fifth's. Accenter has a sample on his site for the second VCO. Maybe run the mixer through some chorus and distort before I run it back in...Totally twisted.

Sounds like some old Conan the BANNED BANNED!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”