Kaossilator & xoxbox :D !!!!!!

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pimpalicous

Kaossilator & xoxbox :D !!!!!!

Post by Pimpalicous »

Hellooooo

Im about to order my first kit, and ive got my kaossilator sitting around doing nothing.
So i was wondering, would it be possible to sync the kaossilator with the xox? Or better yet, use the kaossilators audio (or is it midi?) layer to work with the kaossilator. So that you could hold down the rec. on the kaossilator while somehow having the output of the xox going into the kaossilator.

I know that it would probably be impossible due to the Kaossilators and xox's limitations but im planning on hacking the kaossilator up anyway to put it into a guitar hero controller. So before i jump to the guitar hero, i just thought to as if it would be possible.

Oh and while im here, would there be any must have mods for the xox before i build and plan?

EDIT: Rats, i thought i was in the xoxmodz section. If someone could move it, that would be awesome. Cheers

isak

Re: Kaossilator & xoxbox :D !!!!!!

Post by isak »

welcome to the x0x forum :)

please use the search before asking questions, u have so many answers to almost everything here.
this is from the search i did : http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.ph ... ods#p60829
and i'm sure there is more.

about u'r Kaossilator..
i dont know the Kaossilator sorry.

good luck and have fun building u'r x0x :)

eil

Re: Kaossilator & xoxbox :D !!!!!!

Post by eil »

Old thread, I know, but I have a kaossilator and can answer the question...

Short answer: The Kaossilator doesn't do MIDI in any way, shape, or form. So no.

Long answer: If you have a third piece of equipment that can do tempo recognition/matching and emits a MIDI clock signal, maybe. You'd program a loop with a beat into the koassilator, plug it into your third device, and then send the device's MIDI out to the x0xb0x. From there, you should be able to do whatever you want on all three devices. I've been meaning to try this with my Electribe.

Right answer: Just play around with what you have until you find a fun sound.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”