MarOS Pro 1.0 - beta 2 - with sounddemo
A new day, a new thread, a new name, a new firmware: MarOS Pro 1.0 - beta 1.
So what`s the story?
Until MarOS1.4 - which is "frozen" now - I tried to keep everybody happy, not removing anything important. But to implement the last missing feature I had to remove everything that`s not essential: All synchronisation features except MIDI clock in, and the randomizer mode (the one playing silly melodies). You will have to buy some MIDI clock to DinSync converter, if you want to keep your roland gear in sync, instead of misusing your xoxbox to do that job, and btw, with that removed the xoxbox runs tighter when MIDI synced, significantly.
So with these things removed I was able to implement the missing feature:
Additional double-tempo / 1/32 note / sub steps.
Unlike how this sounds like, this does not mean you have 16 fully editable extra steps. This would have broken the entire step editing workflow and invalidated all your existing patterns. Instead, the new feature is handled with so called slide modes:
With MarOS Pro you have 8 different slide modes. Per step.
To use the feature, go to step editing mode, then to a step that is a slide or make it a slide. Then press the the slide button and hold it. You will see the C,D,E..C2 key (the "white" keys) showing the current slide mode (defaulting to C-Key, slide mode 1, "normal"). While the slide key is held, you can now press any of the "white" keys to select any of the other 7 new slide modes. See the attached picture to understand what they do.
While step editing, when a non-default slide type is set, you will see the slide LED to blink instead of being constantly lit.
That`s basically it, but some words about your old patterns and the new OS.
1) When you switch to MarOS Pro,your old pattern will be all fine and the same as before.
2) When you play around with the slide modes and then go back to a different OS, all will be as before and no problems will occur, except all special slides will be normal again.
3) If you want to dump patterns that use special slides, use conbox and the "export eeprom" option and nothing else.
4) If you have any other problem, contact me here. There`s an easy solution for everything, but I`m too lazy to write it all down now.
Ahh, not to forget: In randomizer mode, you can randomize the glide types by quickly double pressing the slide button, and automatic variations of slide type are handled when pressing the C2 key in parameter adjustment mode.
sound demo attached.
- MarOSPro1.0 - beta 2.zip
- (16.65 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
- (943.11 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
- slide modes.png (15.73 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Last edited by mario1089
on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.