x0xi0 Mod Rear Kit - Info inside incl. Run #2 Details

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I have one kit left from the initial run of 50 pieces. I will have another 8 kits for sale on August 27 when I have a few more PCB's coming in. If you want to order one of the remaining (9) send me a pm or email me at BANNED(at)harman.com.

After the 58 kits are gone I will start a wait list for the next run. I simply can't afford to front the cost of the kits at this point as I'm not sure how many will sell. When the wait list reaches about 20 people I will do another run. The turnaround time for the second run will be 17 days from when I request payment. So If you miss out on the initial 58 pieces and want a kit simply send me a pm and I will add you to the list. The actual wait list will reside on the myspace page
www.myspace.com/x0xb0xmod

in the meantime I will be working on the full mod. The wait list for the full kit (or upgrade) is still relevant, so those of you who have been waiting for a long time no worries.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

There's a new version of the PCB assembly manual
x0xi0 I/O & Overdrive Install Manual v1.06

There's are a few changes to the build notes, most importantly in regards to part D308. If you have kit #007 to #037 you have a 5.6V zener it should be replaced. Contact me for info.

There will also be a group email going out to everyone who has purchased a kit regarding the latest revision, inlcuding more specific info on what has changed.

For those who have not built their kit yet there is a wonderful PCB assembly manual done by one of our fellow users Booster that saves hours in stuffing the PCB. We are proofing it now and plan to integrate it into the Install Manual very soon.
Last edited by bcbox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

booster

Post by booster »

bcbox wrote: For those who have not built their kit yet there is a wonderful PCB assembly manual done by one of our fellow users Booster that saves hours in stuffing the PCB. We are proofing it now and plan to integrate it into the Install Manual very soon.
I'll email the final version over to you later this evening Brian, I have managed to get the file size down from 18Mb to about 9-10Mb by compressing some of the images. :)

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

The re-worked Install Manual with Boosters PCB assembly is now up, use the same link above.

doug wellington

Post by doug wellington »

Here's a TinyURL link to the file:

x0xio_Install_Manual_1.05(pcb).pdf

(PHPBB apparently doesn't allow parenthesis in web links...)

Looks good!

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

Run 2 waiting list

Name (Date Added)
-----------------
1. Mixhard (8/19)
2. Mixhard (8/19)
3. Rob Johnson (8/20)
4. Xarolium (8/21)
5. BANNED (8/22)
6. Pete (8/24)
7. Doug W (8/25)
8. Doug W (8/25)
9. Joey H (8/27)
10. entrypoint (9/10)
11. Josh Smith (9/10)
12. klaymen333 (9/15)
13. klaymen333 (9/15)
14. ac1dhead (9/16)
15. reboot (9/23)
16. reboot (9/23)
17. reboot (9/23)
18. reboot (9/24)
19. XeNoN23 (9/24)
20. charlie_says (9/27)
21. kazper (9/27)
22. Lyndon (10/1)
Last edited by bcbox on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:14 am, edited 10 times in total.

crx091081gb

My x0xio mod rockz

Post by crx091081gb »

Just chiming in to say I finished installing bcbox's x0xio back panel mod with pretty much no pain or fuss into my newly created x0xb0x. The overdrive sounds awesome, haven't been able to check out all the new ins and outs but everything seems to work.

Given it was so easy to put in I'm now eagerly waiting for the release of the front panel mod, are you still taking orders for the first run Brian?

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

FYI, I had several posts here edited and deleted. All of the posts regarding problems with installing the kit and getting it to work were archived to the new sticky post "x0xi0 IO & Overdrive - Install & Troubleshooting"
There was info all over the place so I wanted to move it all to one place. This thread wil be for general information, updates, & feedback on the rear panel kit.
Any questions or problems with installing the kit and getting it work can be posted in the other thread.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I have emailed everyone about the second run.
We have about 14 people ready to pay, another two who need another week or two. There's about 5 people I'm still waiting to hear back from.

Once I have about 18 kits spoken for and ready to pay I will send out Paypal request for payment. I still need another 3 or 4 people to respond. There's still some kits available so if you want one and aren't on the list send me a pm.
Once I have received payment I will order the remaining parts. The longest lead time part is 3 weeks. You will recieve your kit(s) within one month of payment.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I have sent out paypal request for payments. The last parts for the 2nd run will be coming in 2 weeks.

There are three people I have not heard back from yet, and do not have contact info outside of this forum. If you want a kit please get in contact...
-mixhard
-josh smith
-ac1dhead

The rest of you should have received an email. If not let me know.

Luka

Post by Luka »

i can't seem to access the build files, something about the website being attacked or something.

im building another xoxbox at the moment to go with my IO mod. Of the components you listed earlier in this thread, which apply to just the IO mod?

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

The links should work, here it is again... x0xi0 I/O & Overdrive Install Manual v1.06

The parts to leave out of the x0xb0x build are:
R47
R61
R62
R121
R122
R155
R186
C17
C20
C21
Last edited by bcbox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luka

Post by Luka »

great thanks for the component list

here is the screen that shows up in firefox when i click that link

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

Oh I see :?
Not good. I'll have to call my webhosting and see what's up. If I right-click and save-as it works and the files seem to be fine (not infected or whatever).

bcbox

Re: x0xi0 Mod Rear Kit - Info inside incl. Run #2 Details

Post by bcbox »

About 80% of parts for the 2nd run are in, including rear panels and pcb. There is a problem with the overlay I'm working out now, I rejected 25 of 30 peices for various problems. It'll be another 14 days until I get replacements. I should be ready to ship about that time.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”