x0xi0 Mod Rear Kit - Info inside incl. Run #2 Details

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcbox

x0xi0 Mod Rear Kit - Info inside incl. Run #2 Details

Post by bcbox »

If have finished a myspace page dedicated to the yet unnamed x0xb0xm0d. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/x0xb0xmod
I will post updates there as I go. I have finished the final (3) prototypes and everything is working great. I made a few final changes and just ordered the first batch of parts. I will be selling it as a kit but you will also have the option to send in your b0x to be fitted. Be sure to check out all the audio and videos demos on the myspace page where you can watch the embedded audio and video or download high bitrate versions.

Last edited by bcbox on Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

joechip

Post by joechip »

Nice work, the 2nd osc sounds smashing and I love the demos, specially the 2nd demo track, it's wonderful.

Good luck with the kit.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

Good luck with the kit.
Thank you!

I've added the following info to the blog on the myspace page...

Below is a list of parts to leave out if you are building a new x0xb0x and plan on buying and installing the mod:

S1
R47
R61
R62
R119
R123
R133
R138
R145
R155
C13
C14
C17
C21
C22
C38
C62
C72
D35
IC12
LED's (all)

the reason not to place the LED's yet is because with the mod fitted the x0xb0x mainboard is 1/8" further away from the front panel - so the LED's would also be set back 1/8" if fitted with the normal standoffs in the x0xb0x kit. This may or may not be a problem depending on the LED's used and how you placed them. The mod kit comes with new standoffs. The reason not to place IC12 is because it will be socketed.

I will be updating the page with more information like this as I go.
Last edited by bcbox on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

ooo, i see a lot of work realigning my flat LEDs... (which need to be perfect or they wont enter the holes.)

will be worth it though, looks very cool bcbox, can't wait..

doug wellington

Post by doug wellington »

bcbox wrote:Below is a list of parts to leave out if you are building a new x0xb0x and plan on buying and installing the mod:
I'm building two x0xb0xen right now, so that's timely info! Can't wait to buy a kit or two from you.

Thanks!
Doug

http://www.analognotes.com

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements »

ok then... I guess the easiest and most efficient use of my time would be to build the second x0xb0x that sitting here in a box... and add/use the mod on that one.

I did socket all my IC's on the first x0xb0x I built... and like that approach. Is it still possible to have all the IC's in sockets when I build the second one with the mod as well?

Groovy :mrgreen:

Alienation

Post by Alienation »

Nice mod.....nice sounds........but.....$480 U.S. ?!?!?!?!?

Could you explain that???

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I did socket all my IC's on the first x0xb0x I built... and like that approach. Is it still possible to have all the IC's in sockets when I build the second one with the mod as well?
yes you can socket all the IC's if you want and it won't get in the way
Nice mod.....nice sounds........but.....$480 U.S. ?!?!?!?!?
Could you explain that???
It's quite simple really. Low volume + custom parts + obsolete parts. When you see the BOM you'll have a better idea. I'll be posting it sometime in the near future as part of the build instructions. It's definitely not for everyone but that's the way it is.

NullSquare

Post by NullSquare »

Sweet. I am glad to see it come together. I was curious if it might be at all possible to break up the payment into two or three months time. Obviously, I wouldn't want the kit shipped until it is paid in full (and rightly so), but being of the college-age income level puts a significant strain on my resources and paying it all up front is a little much for me to handle.

If you feel that it is necessary, please feel free to PM your response.

I can't wait to get the kit! Thanks in advance!

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements »

can you tell I'm pacing?

8)

mixhard

Post by mixhard »

whats it take to get on this waiting list?

ghostdog

Post by ghostdog »

yes i am interested too in final costs and being on the wait list I emailed the guy via Myspace but had no reply

Lilian

Kit order...

Post by Lilian »

I would like to order a kit..All those mods are great..
Who do I have to speak to??

Lilian

Re: x0xb0x Mod Update - information inside

Post by Lilian »

Could I buy a kit from you?Where are you?I really need to know if this kit is till available..

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements »

Last time I spoke to bcbox the kit release of the mod was planned for sometime in the new year (2008) and there is a limited number that are being initially set up, and these are all spoken for. This was the wait list and I'm sure it's currently full now so... I think the best we can all do is just wait and see how things turn out after the first run of kits eventually reach those in the public :)

Steve

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”