Slide in mod not properly working

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tommi

Slide in mod not properly working

Post by tommi »

Did some mods for external cv: osc cv in, filter q cv in, gate in. accent in and slide in because i want to control the x0x from my modular synth.

For the osc cv in i used a switching jack. I soldered a wire to the point where r88,89 and 90 meet and soldered the other end to the n.c. switch of the jack. Then another wire (through 100k resistor and cv protection) to pin 5 of IC11. I also cut the trace between where r88,89 and 90 meet and pin 5 of ic11 because i want that path to be broken when i insert a jack in the cv in.
Cv works.

I also did the slide in mod as is described here on the wiki, but it works only with sequences generated by the x0x. Proof is: I write a sequence with no slides on x0x seq, i press run, then i feed a gate from my modular into the 'external slide in' jack and it slides when gate is hi.
When i feed the 'external cv in' with a sequence coming from my modular and also feed the 'ext slide in' , the x0x doesn't slides.
As far as i know, the slide is created by C35, when IC12(cd4066) C and D sections are closed. Being that the CV path is the same for internal and external sequences i wonder why slide works only with the internal.. schematics here: http://www.ladyada.net/media/x0xb0x/mainboard_beta.png
thanks!

antto

Re: Slide in mod not properly working

Post by antto »

you must bring the slide up _before_ your CV changes note

tommi

Post by tommi »

Thanks, i think i 've already try that, at least accidentally, but will try that again and report here.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

slide in is not the same as the real slide, though it works like a fixed rate portamento
from the wiki:
External Slide Control
Wire a jack to a 100K resistor, and then wire that to the base of Q29
You are right that C35 creates the slide. With the mod it is being decharged with the 100k resistor (sometimes higher value is used). I dont have the schematic here now so I dont know if Q29 is around there. The size of the resistor is what defines the slide time.
This effectively creates a fixed rate portamento, which might sound as a slide, though it isn't the real slide.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”