SokkOS, new modified firmware

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Luap

Re: SokkOS, new modified firmware

Post by Luap »

Just wanted to say thanks to Sokkan for this nice x0x0s 8)
I finally managed to get it installed today! I gave up trying to do it via OS X, as I just don't have a bloody clue what to do with all that Python hoopla and other nerdular weirdness. It was a little easier to do via XP, as the process is that bit more streamlined currently.

Seems to be working pretty good so far, although i've not checked out all of the new functions yet.

boops

Post by boops »

Hi all ,just finish a xoxbox,work fine,before i will install a full kit of BCBOX...i am triyng to upload the Sokkos,but in my Device manager,my xoxbox is recogized as COM 9,unluckly i only found ,in the control software port 1 to port 4 what can i do? best regards

julienvoirin

Post by julienvoirin »

passe chez moi on l'installera

boops

Post by boops »

merci Julien,but there isn't any other solution..?i 've believed upload in a few minutes...argh any control software upgrade...?nothing to do with the driver?regards

keepitjack

Post by keepitjack »

hello new xoxbox owner. Bought a special modded xox from diabolic devices. I am relentlessly trying to update the firmware to sokkos but I keep getting this error that says"xoxbox did not respond check to see if the xoxbox is in bootload mode" I am definitely on bootload mode. Any suggestions? When I connect the xoxbox to the pc it says that it connects to com port 4. Thank you in advance

boops

Post by boops »

hi,do you select port 4 in the control software?and be careful,i 've spent 2 days with the computer mode ,believing ,it is the bootload mode...Cheers

psoul

Post by psoul »

thx a lot sokkan for the great firmware....

i still don't understand if the transposition patter is already implemented or not... i remember there were in the original os... but i could mistake...
can i transpose +- 12 a pattern?

keepitjack

Post by keepitjack »

ok just tried with another friends laptop and still get the same error. Could it have been that the original tech that built my xoxbox might not have put the firmware that works with control? How do I tell what firmware is on my xoxbox. This has been major frustration anyone that may know how to replace the particular circuits involved with the usb or the circuit that has to do with the os and can sucessfully install the sokkos operating system and is reputable I can pay them via paypal if my chip is damaged. Thank you

Luap

Post by Luap »

Does your computer see your x0xb0x? Check that first. How to do that is explained amongst the various documentation on the website, where the firmware upload instructions are.. Basically, check the Device Manager if using Windows.
Also, you can buy new standard software chips cheaply enough from the Adafruit website, which may be a better starting point for upgrades. One or two people will sell you a chip with the Sokkos firmware on it also. I know of one guy/company in the UK that does it, but that might not be convenient for you.

amnesia

Post by amnesia »

noob question

I am running XP in paralles mode on mac..i have plugged in the xox to the usb computer am i suppose to see anything ie an extra drive? what how do I install?

Thanks

dasz

Post by dasz »

Thanks for the work on sokkOS! I've had my x0xb0x for over a year and I just uploaded v1.9 at 5:15AM!

I like what I see and hear. Thanks
/Dasz

dasz

Post by dasz »

I have checked and c0ntr0l works with sokks 1.9.

ello

Post by ello »

hey, thank you very much for that nice firmware! i have one question, how can i turn of swing again?
cheers,
ello

nizzleone

Post by nizzleone »

I am having serious issues getting my computer to recognize my x0xb0x and I would like to use SokkOS. Is there anyone in the US who sells the microcontroller with SokkOS on it? Or anyone in the NYC willing to let me put the OS on my x0x via their working connection?

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Wow

Many thanks to Sokkan for this firmware upgrade its a great improvement to the stock!

Loads of fun with the swing, reverse and halftime features.

I must be one of the lucky ones from what ive read as i installed the drivers, control and upgraded the firmware in about 20 mins, thanks also to alex for the updated manual i found on here somewhere. It just worked first time. :oops:

Cheers !

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”