x0x 026 panel mod

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zero01101

x0x 026 panel mod

Post by zero01101 »

thing looks sweet as hell!
how's we go about doin that?

(again, big n00b to fabrication.)

BijouBittersolie

Post by BijouBittersolie »

Just print the .TIF

http://www.ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/gall ... _Panel.zip

and take it to a print shop to get laminated. What you see on #26 was printed on thick card stock for durability. Oh ya, it is smart to cut out all the holes before laminating as this way the laminate can join a bit around the edges to avoid peeling.

When you print the image leave about 2 centimeters extra paper at the bottom and maybe 1.5 centimeters extra at the sides. As you screw the original panel to the enclosure starting at the bottom, slide the extra 2cm of bottom paper in and fold over so that the bottom of the image is hooked underneath. Then you can do same thing for the sides, when you finally turn the top screws everything is tight and tidy. Looks like it was meant to be that way... even months later despite many people constantly fondling and cuddling with x0x during recording sessions oh my goodness if I did not make this funny panel all my x0xb0x engravings would be worn off already.

gzifcak

Post by gzifcak »

that would be nice to have a version that covers the whole panel, so the color matches all the way up. maybe i'll work on this. construction is definitely going to take priority though.

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

I'm workin on a top portion at this moment.

Right now I have the Bank # / Pattern Position row of 16 leds done, Tempo, and Bank Select knob. I gada tweak the Mode knob a little. (lots of stuff to go there, and not a whole lot of room.

After that, I'll be finishing off with the Synth section at the top. And of course, I'll be building on BijouBittersolie's excellent ground work.

Hey BijouBittersolie, how do you feel about releasing that panel mod under a CC license? A By Attribution would be the most compatible with the x0xb0x, which is under/will be under an MIT license. Or at least, that's what it looks like.

BijouBittersolie

Good idea, release away. This drawing of my tophatted mustache lawyer may be considered my official sign of permission:

=|:{

zero01101

Post by zero01101 »

so i printed the dealy and it came out a bit small; what should the dimensions be for printing? is there any, like, scaling factor or anything? should it print properly on 8.5x11?

BijouBittersolie

it should have printed proper size right away. Give me your email address and I will send as .PDF if you like.

c0nsumer

Post by c0nsumer »

BijouBittersolie wrote:it should have printed proper size right away. Give me your email address and I will send as .PDF if you like.
Would you mind making an Illustrator (or whatever you created it in) file of this available? I'd like to integrate parts of it into the panel I'm making without redrawing it.

Thanks!

-Steve

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”