adding new switches to the b0x

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
subatomic

adding new switches to the b0x

Post by subatomic »

Concerning the addition of extra switches to the b0x for mods:
- What are good switches to use (part number, web link, etc..)
- Where are good places on the b0x to mount switches (front, back panel)
- Anyone got pictures showing their new switches in action?

I can see problems mounting switches to the top panel because of the small clearence between the aluminum and the circuit board... So was wondering if people are dealing with that, or just mounting to the back panel for simplicity.

I'd like to have the switches match the sqr/saw switch mounted on the top aluminum. Anyone know a good panel mount switch that looks similar, but doesn't drop so low to touch the circuit board?

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

gee, I was wanting a better-looking square/saw switch while I was at it, actually.

Something like the folks at 4ms are using for their pedals... they use nice toggles. I haven't asked where they get 'm.

maxtim

Post by maxtim »

I found the easiest place is to mount buttons/switches is along the black plastic on either side of the aluminum faceplate.
The plastic is easy to drill and there is enough clearance on the inside beside the main PCB if you use small sitches etc.
Mount a bunch of toggle, 3-way, momentary etc. switches and wire them into the circuit board.
Use connectors if you want to be able to easily reconfigure the switches and get the PCA in and out quickly.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”