doing the firmware stuff in mac os x

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gzifcak

doing the firmware stuff in mac os x

Post by gzifcak »

okay, c'mon dudes, not getting any replies over in general x0xing, so maybe it belongs over here:

hi,
can someone help me get rxtx and javrprog properly installed on my computer so i can update my firmware? i know absolutely nothing about this stuff, so plain english would be appreciated. i've downloaded both rxtx and javrprog, but i don't understand the instructions for installing them.
thanks,
greg

i don't want to have to take it to work and install all that BANNED on the PC there and have to go back every time i want to hook up the x0x, and explain to all my coworkers what the hell i'm doing.

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I haven't installed the development stuff on my powerbook, just my PC...so I won't be much help...I think Jonnay was the Mac person who got it working. Did you check out the x0xwiki?

gzifcak

Post by gzifcak »

ah, the wiki. oops. i will update this thread if i have any success. meanwhile, i certainly wouldn't mind if someone wrapped up the necessary files in some kind of installer package. :)
thanks,
greg (i need your swing!)

gzifcak

Post by gzifcak »

argh,
nothing in the wiki about macs. there is a mention of using the c0ntr0l software to bootload instead of javrprog if you have os 1.3. that doesn't help me yet though, as i can't even get c0ntr0l working.
so, the plea for help still stands.
thanks,
greg

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

yeah I only have 10.2.8, which is why I didn't try to get it working...so I'll be even less help...I'm so sick of the Mac OS churn...I don't have the cash to spend 120 bucks so I can update my BANNED java virtual machine...what a BANNED joke...anyway, sorry I'm not more helpful, if you decide to put it on your PC I can help with that...

gzifcak

Post by gzifcak »

oh i meant x0x os 1.3.
i think my (girlfriend's) mac only has 10.2 something as well.
whatevs. i need to build a PC as soon as i can strap the cash together. maybe x0x update will have to wait until then.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”