Some pre-purchase questions

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
le nain dans le jardin

Some pre-purchase questions

Post by le nain dans le jardin »

I looked for answers on the site, but didn't really find them answered; so here goes:

* What form of MIDI data can be transmitted through the controller? I suppose this is possible, but just to be sure: can i configure it so it sends the data from the sensor as a particular (and assignable) MIDI CC? Can it be configured so that it sends NoteOn/Off and gate level data?

* Would it be possible to have more than one sensor sending data to the computer through the same controller, eg have two, three or even ten sensors control one CC each? And how would this be done? I have a fairly good albeit only theoretical knowledge of basic analogue electronics (modulators, opamps, filters etc).

Thanks!

Nicolaas

skelo

Post by skelo »

tu es francais ?

J'ai un midisense depuis peu je peux peut être répondre à tes questions!?

le nain dans le jardin

Salut!

Je suis belge. En fait, les question ici en haut sont les seules que j'ai pour l'instant- ce serait cool si tu pourrais m'aider!

Nicolaas

adafruit

Re: Some pre-purchase questions

Post by adafruit »

Le Nain dans le Jardin wrote:I looked for answers on the site, but didn't really find them answered; so here goes:

* What form of MIDI data can be transmitted through the controller? I suppose this is possible, but just to be sure: can i configure it so it sends the data from the sensor as a particular (and assignable) MIDI CC? Can it be configured so that it sends NoteOn/Off and gate level data?
You can send any CC and pitchbend,volume,etc. Also you can send Note on/off (with a trigger level) and midi start/stop/continue (with trigger level).
* Would it be possible to have more than one sensor sending data to the computer through the same controller, eg have two, three or even ten sensors control one CC each? And how would this be done? I have a fairly good albeit only theoretical knowledge of basic analogue electronics (modulators, opamps, filters etc).
yes! you can configure each sensor to send to the same CC controller, however that might make it a bit strange to use.

le nain dans le jardin

Re: Some pre-purchase questions

ladyada wrote:
Le Nain dans le Jardin wrote:I looked for answers on the site, but didn't really find them answered; so here goes:

You can send any CC and pitchbend,volume,etc. Also you can send Note on/off (with a trigger level) and midi start/stop/continue (with trigger level).
yes! you can configure each sensor to send to the same CC controller, however that might make it a bit strange to use.
Thanks! Do you have any information about how i should go about having muktiple sensors send to different CC's on the same controller? Not that i'm gonna try this right away, but then i know what to expect when i do :)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

not really, i mean, just configure it with the software and it should work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”