unstable over time?

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evilxsystems

unstable over time?

Post by evilxsystems »

so i had a weird problem...one of my sensors stopped working...I assumed the wire slipped out, but it hadn't, I ended up having to do a reset in the midisense software to get it working again. WTF is up with that? The thing was fine for weeks...is there a memory leak or something somewhere?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

when you connected w/midisense did you see that the sensor was disabled or was it enabled and just wonky? also, if it happens again, let me know what the calibration settings were set to. Thanks!

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

i don't connect with midisense software because when I do, everything from the first page (cc# and activation state), gets reset. So I was just monitoring it in Ableton Live and the midi lights on my interface, which wouldn't light up when I moved the #1 pot...all the other sensors were working fine...

all the calibration setting on my pots are set to min 1023, max 190?, middle ~593.

-jason

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

they get reset? thats very odd. shouldnt happen as connecting only gets info, doesnt change it. do they change types? or disable? or what specifically

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

I will recheck this, but I think, basically, when I start the midisense software, it never querys the midisense hardware to get the states for the variables on the main page..all the sensors get set to "off" and then I have to turn them back on and then because of that, I have to re-set each of the controller numbers to whatever I want them to be.

This does not apply to the "settings or calibration pages"...these stay at what I had them set to previously.

I still haven't gotten around to seeing if I have the same problem on a PPC mac....

-jason

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

did it again....it was sensor #6 this time

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

oi. ok did it just disable itself or what?

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

yup...I think the calibration data got lost too...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”