software question: 0-127, ccs and notes.

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nym

software question: 0-127, ccs and notes.

Post by nym »

hey there.

as i've seen it, midisense allows you to control midi ccs via sensor. it also allows you NOTE ON/OFF control of a single midi note. this is great and has many many interesting uses.

however, i have a question regarding NOTE ON/OFF. currently, that lets you turn on/off a SINGLE midi note. i would LOVE the wild possibility of being able to set ALL midi notes to play.

realize this: cc data (coarse) is measured from 0-127.
the note list is really just another set of cc data. there are midi notes from 0-127! 128 notes, just like any regular cc data.

will we ever see a software option for NOTE ON/OFF control of ALL notes rather than just 1 at a time? ie, creating the effect of running your finger up and down a piano scale.

this would be very very messy sounding in some circumstances, but imagine others - a slight portamento/retrig on a synthesizer.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hi, i think you mean 'glissando' and this has been added in the latest version of the adio board. i have to patch it in on the resistive board but it hasnt been done quite yet...

nym

Post by nym »

yeah baby. glissando reads about right. ie, on a harp, taking your finger and running it up the scale = raising my hand above my sharp gpd120

i fully expect to have to run the resulting audio through pitch correction software.

thanks for the heads up. i'll start cooking up some ideas.

soapdodger

Post by soapdodger »

you can turn ccs's into notes with midi translator or max,

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”