LED 1?

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sirwildbill

LED 1?

Post by sirwildbill »

I've had a MIDIsense (v1.0 resist) board that's worked, and it sat in the drawer for while as I came up with ideas on what exactly to do with it.
I built it at a EYEBEAM seminar Ladyada taught in 2005.

Well, recently I came up with something. Pulled out the MIDIsense, got it running, using the little photo-resistor that came with the kit. Tried out a few pushbuttons (nc), pots (100 k), nothing crazy.

Anyway yesterday while I was working, the red power led went out in the middle of my using it, but the green activity light kept going. I thought that the 9v battery died, I ran out and got another, replaced it, same problem. I metered the first battery, it was not dead, put it back in, same problem. Used a (12v dc) wall wart, same problem.

Did I do something I should not have? Made some unfortunate connection with hand holding the bottom of the board? Thanks in advance.

wb

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you probably blew the LED. but its not important, since its just a power indicator.

sirwildbill

Post by sirwildbill »

ladyada,

I apologize, I must have been unclear, the MIDIsense is also not functioning any longer, when I use the software it can no longer find the board.

I can live without the little LED light, but I'd like to get the MIDIsense going again.

wb

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

does it send midi?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Check the output of the regulator.

sirwildbill

Post by sirwildbill »

I believe it is putting out MIDI, I'm getting Pitch Wheel messages from it in MIDI Monitor.

But, I get the "Failed to to find any MIDI Sense Boards" error in the software.

I did try swapping the MIDI cables to avoid feeling stupid, and I have them in the correct places.

sirwildbill

Post by sirwildbill »

Okay to clarify, in MIDI Monitor, it is getting messages, but, the value for data column does not change except if I change sensors in the terminals.

MIDI Sense fails to find the board every time.

With the voltage regulator, I checked it with my multi-meter in diode mode and it appears to fine. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”