Minty Stripboard

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

Re: Minty Stripboard

Post by adafruit »

we suggest using a PCB, sort like the one we have for all the kits :)

dixonl90

Post by dixonl90 »

Well i've tried everything else on my strip-board version. Charging the new Nexus One works fine, my GFs iPod and even an iPhone battery pack. I have looked up many ways to get my iPhone to charge, with multiple resistor values etc but none have worked :/

I don't really want to make the PCB until i'm sure it'll work. By the sounds of it someone else on this forum built the kit which he bought and he had the same issue as me. :S

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

can you be more specific who purchased a kit and had trouble with an iPhone (not 3Gs)?

dixonl90

Post by dixonl90 »

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Yes, we posted up the FAQ. Please read the FAQ as there useful information in it!

Also, the PCB design changed somewhat since Jan 2009, and so we have fewer iPhone issues

Please note, this forum is intended to support and assist Adafruit customers with Adafruit kits and products, if you're building your own please endeavor to work on it on your own.

We don't offer support to "DIY"ers since its often difficult to get kits working if you dont buy the parts and PCB from us. :(

If you buy a kit and are still having difficulty, please post again so we can assist you with our products :D

Thanks!

dixonl90

Post by dixonl90 »

I have read the FAQ through a number of times, i don't think i'm missing anything... well i hope not at least...

And i got the exact parts on the list, from the chip to the resistors. As it would cost too much to import the kit to the UK, i plan to make my own PCB, which would be made to your design. Before getting etching stuff though i decided to test it on the strip-board.

I'll keep trying to get it work and post back my findings.

gyrovague

Post by gyrovague »

I know this is an ancient thread, but in any case...

The datasheet for the LT1302CN8-5 says "In the SO package, pins 1 and 8 are thermally connected to the die. One square inch of PCB copper provides an adequate heat sink for the device." So I think that might be a problem with this stripboard design... either need to attach a heat sink to the chip, or make a roughly 1sq inch conductive area connected to pins 1&8 to serve as a heat sink.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”