Commercial alternatives

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pshute

Commercial alternatives

Post by pshute »

If I want something to charge my phone, but don't want to build a MintyBoost, are there any commercial alternatives that work ok? I'll build one if I have to, but I don't see the point is there are good ready made ones out there.

Googling around, I've read many bad reviews of commercial ones, so I'm wary.

adafruit

Re: Commercial alternatives

Post by adafruit »

pshute wrote:If I want something to charge my phone, but don't want to build a MintyBoost.
these are the adafruit customer forums and we really like to celebrate and support our products :)

thanks,
adafruit

pshute

Post by pshute »

Is this a banned topic then?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

pshute wrote:Is this a banned topic then?
it's not banned, we'd just prefer you using the time and resources here that we have for adafruit products. we are trying to encourage people to learn and build, not just buy something mass produced for charging phones. there are tons of gadget sites that have great discussions about what's the best one, we like to keep the conversations here about building, making and sharing electronics information.

thanks!
adafruit

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

pshute wrote:Is this a banned topic then?
it's not banned, we'd just prefer you using the time and resources here that we have for adafruit products. we are trying to encourage people to learn and build, not just buy something mass produced for charging phones. there are tons of gadget sites that have great discussions about what's the best one, we like to keep the conversations here about building, making and sharing electronics information.

thanks!
adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”