Adding An LED Power Indicator

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
masterjuggler98

Adding An LED Power Indicator

Post by masterjuggler98 »

I'm making my mintyboost V3 from scratch, meaning I'm looking at the parts list and buying all my parts separately. I'm going to be adding in two switches; one in between the battery lines to prevent idle draining, and one in between the data lines to short them if need be.

My question is: is there anywhere I can add an LED to indicate the batteries are connected? I don't want any loss in current, but I also don't want to accidentally leave the power on and have the batteries slowly drain without charging anything.

Thanks in advance.

masterjuggler98

Re: Adding An LED Power Indicator

I don't want to take up too much space, so I'll just use this thread for a question completely unrelated to the LED indicator.

I got all the parts and set them up on a breadboard before soldering them together. It charges my samsung galaxy S just fine, and I have yet to test it out on any apple devices. The problem is when I have current running through the IC, it gets progressively hotter. I brought it up almost hot enough to burn me but took the batteries out in fear of it getting damaged. Is it normal to get this hot? nothing else seems to be doing this, just the IC. I ordered two of them so I tried the second and it's the same story. Everything seems to be wired correctly.

I'm using fully charged Eneloop batteries, and the power pins on the usb end are giving 4.94V.

masterjuggler98

Re: Adding An LED Power Indicator

Never mind. I just read the FAQ and that answered my problem. Duh. I should start following my own advice and research things before I ask a question.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”