Component location and direction on MB 3?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
UBERNOOB

Component location and direction on MB 3?

Post by UBERNOOB »

Is there a step by step guide to help a noob like me put the components onto the board in the right place and in the correct direction? aka...Chip set being put in backwards....how am I supposed to know which way? Things like that!!! Yes, I see that the board has little outlines on it, but how do I know what resistor goes in the R1, R2, R3, R4 or even the R5 slot (Under the chipset)?? And there's a component that has a certain direction marked on the board but I don't know if the little arrow points towards the grey band at one end of the component or the other way around. Now do you see why I chose ubernoob as my name!!! I mean, a guy has to start somewhere, right? At this moment I'm not afraid of heights since I'm at the "Rock Bottom"! Can't get any lower without a shovel.

I've tried to search the site for a good diagram and I'm just not able to decipher the ones shown.

Help

ifrpilot999

Re: Component location and direction on MB 3?

Post by ifrpilot999 »

All of the assembly instructions are on the Adafruit website. Here is the link to the MintyBoost site: http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/make.html

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”