Battery question

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
roamingnome47

Battery question

Post by roamingnome47 »

I want to make my Minty boost as small as possible. I was thinking about running 3AAAs instead of 2AAs. My question is how do I find out the mAh rating on batteries? I am also confused as to if the mAh rating on the Minty project page is for a single battery or a set.

I do understand that even with 3AAAs I will get less of a charge out of them but I am ok with that. I want it small so I can carry it in my pocket with all the other things I carry.

I would also be interested to know about running CR2 or CR123A batteries as I have other things that use them. They can be surprisingly cheap when ordered in a large quantity.

Thank you :mrgreen:

roamingnome47

Re: Battery question

Post by roamingnome47 »

Well I got most of my answers about the CR2 and CR123A here (I was looking for battery holders and the size difference between the 2. Thought I would share this info :)

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/inc ... CR123A.pdf

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Battery question

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I am also confused as to if the mAh rating on the Minty project page is for a single battery or a set.
For a set of batteries in series, the mAh rating is the same as for the individual cells - only the voltage is higher. (parallel cells is not recommended)
Well I got most of my answers about the CR2 and CR123A here
Let us know how they perform for you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”