MintyBoosts As Gifts

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BobCochran

MintyBoosts As Gifts

Post by BobCochran »

Hi,

I just built the first of two MintyBoost rev 1.2 kits that I recieved yesterday. I want to give them as gifts to two young ladies with different iPod models. I myself am not an iPod expert as you'll soon realize. The iPods are different ages. The first person has an iPod bought in December 2006. It has a 30 Gb hard drive. I assume this one needs resistor R5 in the "pullup" position. The other person has an older Mini bought in 2005 before the Nano came out. She has it covered with a Choccocat sticker that wraps around the case, and she thinks it has a 2 Gb hard drive. This would need R5 to be in a "pulldown" position, would it?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i'd say put both of them in the PullUp position, its safer and never heard any problems with it!

BobCochran

It Charges, Low Battery LED Works Fine

Post by BobCochran »

Hi, for the first time I was able to plug an iPod Nano into one of my two rev 1.2 boards (which I have not put into an Altoids gum tin yet) and it seems to be charging the Nano just fine. I had let the Nano's battery go completely flat out of ignorance -- I didn't know how to turn the Nano off. When I saw the low battery LED shining brightly after more than an hour of charging, I put in a fresh set of batteries to continue charging. I'm not sure if I'll exhaust the second set. All seems to be working -- I'm just waiting for the "plug" symbol to appear on the Nano's battery icon to indicate a full charge. I have to say, Limor, you design and produce great kits!

mgersten

Post by mgersten »

you could check your chip, u should be getting at least 5v from it. if not, it could be the charger chip.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”