Suggestion Minty + LiPol charger?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tiorbinist

Suggestion Minty + LiPol charger?

Post by tiorbinist »

I'm working on a project (oddly in CAD, rather than EE!) to shoehorn a Gabotronics XminiLab oscilloscope board into an Altoids-ish case. My plan is to include the 2600mAh battery, a LiPol charger (both choices are currently out-of-stock) and a Minty-Boost board, allowing the 3.7v battery to provide 5V to the oscilloscope board, while being able to charge the battery without having to take it out of the box. Everything will fit nicely in the box, and most of my CAD design will be spacers to keep things from knocking around. Positioning things to allow heat dissipation during charging is not part of the CAD project (it's only 2D CAD,) but I will be dealing with that, too.

Is it possible that, some day in the future, a combination LiPol Charger and Mintyboost on a single board, still able to be fit within an Altoids-ish tin is coming? Somehow, I can imagine that being fairly popular with the Solar and wall-wart crowd.

adafruit

Re: Suggestion Minty + LiPol charger?

Post by adafruit »

tiorbinist wrote:Is it possible that, some day in the future, a combination LiPol Charger and Mintyboost on a single board, still able to be fit within an Altoids-ish tin is coming? Somehow, I can imagine that being fairly popular with the Solar and wall-wart crowd.
great suggestion, thank you!

churten

Post by churten »

I too am looking for something like this. Being able to charge the battery while passing power through to the device when wall wart'ed would be particularly nice, even if it's only a very slow trickle charge to the battery. Being able to push more than 500mA out would also be useful for e.g. powering a Raspberry Pi.

Syn7

Post by Syn7 »

Yeah, a wall charger/booster would be awesome! A nice lipoly bat and once ur done you don't need to open it again till the batts are done. USB on one end and a small barrel jack on the other for the wall power. Also charging via USB would be cool too. Being able to use it as a power supply for things like raspberry pi as well as a boosterpack.

Is that an easy idea, or a really tall order?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”