Solar Panels- Minty - Solar Charger ?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
harleythatcher

Solar Panels- Minty - Solar Charger ?

Post by harleythatcher »

Not sure if this is the right forum but it does involve my Minty and Solar charger. I have The minty and Solar/Usb charger with a 6000mah LiPo. I am using four of your 2w 6v solar panels. Two solar panels per set. My question is Am I going to have problems using all four panels on a sunny day? Will that be too much current? I have each set wired up using Voltiac 2 panel connection boxes. My plan was to plug one panel set into the Usb input on the Solar charger and the other set into the solar input jack on the charger. I plan on installing the resistor to increase charge rate to 1a. I also have the four panel connection box but it is kind of clunky so I went with two smaller connection boxes. With two smaller connections boxes I can separate the panels easier (1 ext cable rather than 2). Any guidance on using multiple solar panels with your solar charger would be appreciated.
Thanks for another great project.
Terry in sunny Florida

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Solar Panels- Minty - Solar Charger ?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Am I going to have problems using all four panels on a sunny day? Will that be too much current?
Current draw is determined by the load, not the source. In this case, it will be limited to a safe level by the charger.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”