Different output voltages?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Fletch

Different output voltages?

Post by Fletch »

There are a number of suppliers that sell tiny prebuilt RC control modules relatively cheaply. Unfortunately these units run on 12v input power to drive their relays and while they will run on a 9v battery at a push, that still leaves me having to provide 2 supplies in most cases (one for the RC receiver and the other for the controlled device.)

Could the basic curcuit of the mintyboost be changed to provide a 9-12v output? By selecting different components could the same PCB be used?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

no, the mintyboost PCB and chip can only output 5V

Fletch

Post by Fletch »

I found a similar boost regulator, a MAX761, that will do the job I think, the Maxim reference design for both parts is very similar. You said in the Mintyboost design notes that you used a capacitor pair to smooth the output, what determines the size and type of these capacitors?

I'm going to order and build 2 Minty's first so that I can practice on a proven design, thanks for your help.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

the datasheet should have all the information you need! :) there may also be a suitable example application in said datasheet

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”