MInty Boost - This device may not be supported

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rachmk

MInty Boost - This device may not be supported

Post by rachmk »

Hello I didn't have any issues until I reached 20% then I got the warning. Now after 1 or two percent I get the warning. Not sure what the issue is, I had some crummy snips when I did the soldering so the ends are a little longer than I wanted. Sorry I cant seem to attach a picture.

Now that I am in better light I think that I have issue with a couple of solder joints, I will be redoing this evening. I am guessing that eventually it boils down to this for most folks.
Attachments
DSCF3710.JPG
DSCF3710.JPG (817.5 KiB) Viewed 749 times
DSCF3708.JPG
DSCF3708.JPG (966.41 KiB) Viewed 749 times

adafruit_support_bill

Re: MInty Boost - This device may not be supported

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I don't see any problems with the soldering. So you were able to get a 20% charge from it once? Now it quits after a 1 or 2% increase?

Are you using a fresh set of the same batteries as before? There are pretty big differences between AA cells. Duracell is a reliable brand, but make sure you are using their high-drain (Ultra-Power) model.
Also note that phones may try to charge at a higher or lower rate, depending on what their current charge level is. If the Minty can't supply the current that the phone wants, it will give you the "not supported" message.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”