MintyBoost and 3AA?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Guchmyster

MintyBoost and 3AA?

Post by Guchmyster »

Has anyone tried to use 3AA NiMH batteries? I'm curious as to whether this type of setup would significantly increase runtime on an Ipod touch or iphone. Anyone have any ideas?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Guchmyster

Re:

Post by Guchmyster »

Great, I don't know how I missed that bit on the MintyBoost FAQ sheet... it could be caused by my seriously annoying hangover, lol. Anywho, I can't wait to try out my MintyBoost with this setup. I haven't figured out exactly what or how I am going to mount this yet, but I will sure enjoy the challenge.

ladyada: thanks for making these kits available!

Cheers :-)

Guchmyster

MintyBoosted

Post by Guchmyster »

My first go at the MintyBoost kit, but I am using 3AA NiMH batteries. The input is ~4V with a steady output of 5.03V... I am using a v1.2 MintyBoost circuit board with the 100K resistors. I have tested it on my ipod touch(v1.1.1) and I'm not able to get it to charge. I don't have an iphone to test it on yet. I know that it charges the new Nano with the 2" screen from a completely depleated state... But I'm totally stumped that it isn't charging my touch.

Also, I'm not getting it to work with an 80Gig iPod Classic either... I have been reading the other posts for the iphone, ipods, and touch. I have tried swapping out the 100K resistors with the 15K to no avail. I have been over it and back with the multimeter the resistors are fine even though I have swapped them several times. Oh, I've tested it with my 2nd Gen Shuffle and it works fine too. :shock: Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated...

I just ordered two more kits from you, Limor, somehow I'm going to figure how to make this work for me, lol ;-)

Guchmyster

200K Resistors, Pull-Up...

Post by Guchmyster »

more fiddling... I just thought I would up the resistance to 200K and keep R5 in the Pull-Up config. I can now charge my IPod Classic with no problems... but my Touch is not charging!! :-(

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

crikey. i dont know whats up with the ipod Touch's or the iphones. lots of people say the newest video nanos work but now the touch/iphones have -stopped-. its a bit annoying.... :(

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”