Electroids VS MintyBoost!

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
KenSooDo

Electroids VS MintyBoost!

Post by KenSooDo »

Hey I wanted to make both kits, the Electroids and MintyBoost!. Does anyone know which resistor is used in the Electroids kits? It doesn't specify on the site. Thanks!

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

My guess is that it's a series resistor for the red LED. If it's driven from the 5v line, it's probably 150-250 ohms or so.

If you don't need the LED, you probably won't need the resistor. From the description, as far as I can tell that kit is a 7805, a switch, and a battery clip.

Any reason you want to make both kits? The Electroids kit is cheap but probably won't perform very well at all. 9v batteries have very little capacity, and the use of a 7805 is going to make it incredibly inefficient. (Basically halving the effective capability of a 9v battery to charge anything.)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

if you make the electroids kit, and you want to use it with an ipod, dont forget you'll have to add the two 100K resistors! (although im not 100% sure that 100K is the right value..)

KenSooDo

Post by KenSooDo »

Hey I have some IN400's , could they be substituted for the Schottky diode?
thanks!

KenSooDo

Post by KenSooDo »

<Begin_Sarcasm> with the bluntness I could only expect from an MIT graduate! </Sarcasm> THANKS LIMOR! YOU ROCK!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

:P

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”