Powersupply outputting 5v

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
caffeinatedsoap

Powersupply outputting 5v

Post by caffeinatedsoap »

If anyone else has run into this issue maybe you can help me out.

When following the instructions for the powersupply stage the instructions say measure here for 5v out. I am getting 12v out on that spot using a 4v input to the board.

Where I am suppose to measure for 3.3v it is coming out perfect though.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Edit: Fixed didn't read the errant and it said to use a 39k resistor instead of the instructions saying to use a 120k resistor.

DarkHelmet

Re: Powersupply outputting 5v

Post by DarkHelmet »

Yes, R3 should be 37k, not 120k... apparently the part list is for RC1, the schematics of RC1a are correct though.

Edit : saw you edit :D Glad you found it; took me a while of forum browsing, lol.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”