How much to pay soembody to build + parts?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
crk99

How much to pay soembody to build + parts?

Post by crk99 »

How much should the wave come in cost given labor parts etc? if i would to pay somebody to build it lets say....?
thanks!!!

Chuck

Re: How much to pay soembody to build + parts?

Post by Chuck »

Why don't you just buy a complete device off the internet?
I don't think anyone here is willing to risk getting busted by selling you one.

crk99

Post by crk99 »

hmm, i thought you can't order one in the finished form online at least i didnt find one (overseas??)...=/

well i was thinking to find a friend with skills in that area and just pay to build it..

crk99

Post by crk99 »

ehh nobody have any idea???

Post by 2600 »

What with the reality of Google and the Wayback Machine, I sure wouldn't admit to it in any way that gets archived for all time.

Strictly speaking, if you order one from a source outside the USA you are technically smuggling non-legal transmitting equipment. But since the FCC's regs don't apply to folks in China or the Philippines, the seller is off the hook. Everyone I have seen who was cheeky enough to offer jammers domestically has had their web presence terminated within weeks. Pretty sure the regulations in question are worded. "Sell or offer to sell".

The FCC is kinda touchy on this subject. Best not to accidentally request their close attention.

But that's the reason for the legal disclaimer plainly visible on the page for the WaveBubble forums. Free speech is all very nice, so long as you don't use it to entice a pack of grumpy feds into your otherwise private life.

Unless that was what you wanted to achieve in the first place. Selling or building jammers for hire, or even offering a kit of parts is actively prohibited by the FCC's enforcement division.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”