MIC2506 and MIC2514 not working properly

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sheepke

MIC2506 and MIC2514 not working properly

Post by sheepke »

Hello,
I'm building the wavebubble but i'm having trouble with these three switches.
The MIC2506 just don't switches, the Atmega sends the signal to the MIC, normally it would have to switch but i don't get any voltage at the output.
The MIC2514's are another story, they have +/- 11V at the output at all time, no matter what control voltage.
I started thinking the control voltage is not correct, since the datasheet says control voltage should be no more than 2.3V, and when the Atmega sends the high signal to the MIC that is 3.3V.

Is there anyone that can help me?

Greetings

weihong1988

Re: MIC2506 and MIC2514 not working properly

Post by weihong1988 »

sheepke wrote: I started thinking the control voltage is not correct, since the datasheet says control voltage should be no more than 2.3V, and when the Atmega sends the high signal to the MIC that is 3.3V.
Not true, this was taken from the 6V power switch, MIC2506.
Page 3: Absolute Maximum Ratings
Control voltage (Vctl): -0.3V - 15V
Under Page 10 you also can see the MIC2506 connected to a USB controller chip outputting 3V3 control signals.

What you have seen is the maximum voltage needed to obtain a logic high signal on the output.

My guess is that you have soldered one or more power switches the wrong way round, thereby causing the others to fail, since the control lines A and B are paralleled and shared by the 3 switches. Or, if you designed the PCB yourself, the tracks were laid out wrongly.

Edit:
BTW, mine works OK.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”