Mobile Phone Batteries

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wrhector

Mobile Phone Batteries

Post by Wrhector »

Do all modern mobile phone batteries have protection circuits in?

I was thinking of using one of the newer nokia batteries such as the BL-5K. Would that be ok?

Can I just solder wires onto the battery or do I need a connector?

I was going to use a a battery off batteryspace but it costs $60 to send to the UK.

Thanks.

nova

Re: Mobile Phone Batteries

Post by nova »

some cell phone batteries have circuit protection and yet others don't. Ladyada does mention a circuit protector you can buy.

Wrhector

Post by Wrhector »

although the reason I had to go for a mobile phone battery is from battery space it costs ~$88 to ship to the UK.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

$88 just for shipping? Egads!

Wrhector

Post by Wrhector »

:D That's why I didn't order from them. $88 seems to be the new UPS standard rate to the UK, thought it used to be around $25.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

US Postal Service to UK for a Small Flat-Rate box is $12.30us.

A one pound Express package, UPS to the House of Commons is $60.65us.

Maybe they can ship USPS?

Wrhector

Post by Wrhector »

They won't ship batteries USPS. Only UPS...

But If I order from Mouser of Digi-key they only charge £12 (about $20) for UPS express. Free over £50. Odd.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”