Can't get a sweeping 16 kHz square wave output

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
san26141

Can't get a sweeping 16 kHz square wave output

Post by san26141 »

I am stuck in the Analog/Digital tuning section of the build. I have been able to run the test_led (although it doesn't blink once/sec?) but I am having problems with the PWM test (test_DC).

I probe the L5 & L6 input and I get a sweeping 2 kHz squarewave not the 16 kHz as in the build instructions.

The ucontroller is the atmega88 with the Avrisp MKII and I'm using Avr studio4 with avr_gcc.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

D

nux

Re: Can't get a sweeping 16 kHz square wave output

Post by nux »

Sounds like you have not programmed your fuses correctly, the AVR may have the divide by eight clock divider set.
Although, I could not get a square wave output to display on my scope when I was testing that section, but all subsequent sections worked.

san26141

Re: Can't get a sweeping 16 kHz square wave output

Post by san26141 »

That was it....the divide by 8 was set. Unchecked it and burned it again and it worked.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”