Low VCO / PLL problem - Solved! Moderator can delete

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Buggy222

Low VCO / PLL problem - Solved! Moderator can delete

Post by Buggy222 »

I am struggling with a problem and hope perhaps that someone has solved this. I searched the forum and did not come across it.

I am at the PLL test stage. My High VCO works fine (that is to say I can see the PLL output switch from 0 to 2.2 volts at the 2GHz freqency). It will also tune.

My low VCO never seemed to switch up to 2.2 volts, until I discovered that it would in fact tune but only in the 600-650 range. On the scope I see my voltage to the ROS1700 fall to 500mv, whereas the spec sheet indicates a minimum voltage of 1.0v. As the ROS1700 transitions through 1.0v it seems to cause some kind of reset on the PLL.

Is there a simple way to stop the V-Tune falling below 1.0v? I am struggling through the program to see if I can do it there through OCR1B.

I also noticed that my buffer signal is not the 2.5VDC +1.7pp shown on the circuit diagram. I am more like 1.25VDC and 1.2pp and I wonder if this is because I used the parts list sawtooth generator instead of the one shown on the circuit diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.
===================================================

I figured as soon as I posted I would figure out my own problem. I used LMX2430 because Digikey suggested it as a replacement. They are showing the LMX2433 as obsolete.

MODERATOR - you can delete this post

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”