Gain Stage re-working for increased power help?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cmolson

Gain Stage re-working for increased power help?

Post by cmolson »

Hi,

There have been some posts before where experienced users on this forum have managed to swap out the gain stage with a more powerful solution.

I think it would be helpful to others to maybe put a simple guide together on increasing the power.

I don't know enough about RF to go an do this myself, but if someone more experienced could lend a hand I would be happy to test changes, buy some different parts etc. or even if there is someone who could answer some RF questions/offer advice.

I'm not looking to jam a whole city or anything, just maybe increase the range a little to the size of a large classroom or something.

I also like the idea of implementing a display and controls to modify the jamming frequencies on the go. (or select programs using a button etc). This part I could do myself as I can program in C and do digital work, its just the RF side I am unsure of).

Is anyone willing to help out? I'm sure we could use the wavebubble wiki here to post our work where everyone can see.

just shoot me a pm, or reply to this post if you want to help out!

Thanks

Chuck

Re: Gain Stage re-working for increased power help?

Post by Chuck »

I'm with cmolson.
I too will help. I have resources. I need guidance.

cmolson

Re: Gain Stage re-working for increased power help?

Post by cmolson »

Hey, Glad to see at least one person willing to help lol

Any more?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”