batt bord help

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geir102

batt bord help

Post by geir102 »

Hi!

I need to build something like the batt bord, and i have some questions..

1. VCC from the dc jack is connected to the usb pin 1, if the voltage is higher than 5v. How come this dosent blow ut the usb?

2. Will this still work if the circuit draws more then 500 mA??

Chuck

Re: batt bord help

Post by Chuck »

1. Which battery board? The LM3622 on the LiPoly board, has power (positive DC) to Pin 8, not Pin 1.
I believe its rated to 24 volts. Though I'm in the club that says to not over supply circuits needlessly.
Pin 1 is the low voltage threshold detection select pin. Its all in the datasheet.

geir102

Post by geir102 »

i see a was a bit quick here :) I meant the LM3622 bord, and i meant pin 1 one the usb :)

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Thats simple, don't use the power supply and the usb at the same time. :)

geir102

Post by geir102 »

aha so no protection, thanks :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”