VCC

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
westbrookp1

VCC

Post by westbrookp1 »

I have a functional usbtinyisp. When i look at ladyada's picture of hooking up the avr, she hooks it up coming down the board. While investigating my usbtiny, I think the VCC is switched. So my question is, should the 6-pin attachment be hooked up coming up the board? Also, Should we be supplying 4 volts into the board while we are hooked up to the avr?

hjohnson

Re: VCC

Post by hjohnson »

Well, how do you mean "switched?" In what way? In order for the flip to work, the whole assembly would have to be rotated 180º, not just VCC. Check your schematics, and make sure you are right on this. If you post photos, I can check as well. (I also own a usbtiny.)

How do you mean supply 4 volts into the board? The only power that the usbtiny needs is USB. If you want the usbtiny to power the avr, leave the jumper on the non-usb end in. If you want your avr to be powered independently, take the jumper out.

Mictronics

Re: VCC

Post by Mictronics »

VCC is running at 3.3V and supplies also the NE555D, right?
I just wonder if this is fine for the NE555 since the IC is rated for 4.5V minimum supply.

Any problems with that so far?

And a thought about the design:

Why not take VIN for the TPS79333 from the +6V rail. The TPS793xxx is rated anyway up to 6V VIN.

Why?

The TPS793xxx is an LDO which means output voltage drops when VIN drops below the regulator voltage. Which means the output of the TPS79333 will drop when the LiPo voltage drops below 3.412V.
When VIN would be +6V the LiPo could be drained some more.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”