Wave Bubble Boards - Out of Stock

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aqisnotliquid

Wave Bubble Boards - Out of Stock

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I haven't been getting very many emails lately asking for boards, and I was wondering how many people still needed them. I'm up for ordering the RC1.0b style (ladyada's latest release model, which includes three boards) or get a fixed copy of the WB2010 gerbers and buy a set of those, but I want to know who wants boards at all before I order any. Typically, I order them with black soldermask and white silkscreen, but that's not all the manufacturer has :)

So, send me an email to (aqisnotliquid [at] gmail [dot] com) if you're interested with the following info:

Style of board (RC1.0b or WB2010)
Number of sets
Color scheme of interest

If I get enough interest, I'll order a new batch and offer a 25% discount for those of you who pre-order just a sign of appreciation for waiting for them to be manufactured, then shipped to me. Also, I'm making a few changes to how I'll be structuring sales, mostly because of an increase in my material costs. Firstly, the price per set is going up (the final price is based on the number of boards I buy), but I'm going to upgrade shipping to UPS Ground for all US orders. Tracking numbers, faster delivery, all sorts of upsides. It'll be great. Email me or even just post here and let's get this party started. No cell phones allowed ;)
Last edited by aqisnotliquid on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wakeupwolfgang

Re: Interested in Wave Bubble Boards?

Post by wakeupwolfgang »

I am interested but about how much would it cost to get made and shipped to me

example <10 10-25 25-50 50-100 100+ ???????????? I would just like a rough estimate.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Shipping usually isn't an issue. Standard USPS shipping (about 5-7 business days) is only $5, even international. However, I only have a certain number of sets on hand, so if you wanted more than I had available, then I'd have to put together a new order, which would be more expensive. To give you an idea, you'd look at around $20-30ish per set for less than ten (which is about how many sets I have), but if you wanted more than that, I'd have to talk to the fab house and get a quote. Price per set goes down the more sets you buy at once.

durdentyler

Post by durdentyler »

Hi I´m interested too in a working wave bubble.
I´m located in germany.
Is that a problem?
Shipping costs for me are equal.
I ordered other things from the states and it works fine everytime.
Please write to me durdentyler at gmx dot net.
Thanks a lot Mat.

TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

durdentyler wrote:Hi I´m interested too in a working wave bubble.
aqisnotaliquid will provide you with a lovely set of boards, I have 2 sets, and they are are lovely. BUT he cannot, legally, supply you with a fully constructed, working, wavebubble.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Through private messages, posts, and emails, I've been getting a number of questions that I feel would be helpful to answer here.

Q: Can you sell me a working Wave Bubble?

A: No. I only sell the circuit boards. I do not sell the device as a whole, and I don't sell any parts for it. Just the boards.

Q: Which version is better, WB2010 or RC1.0b?

A: It depends on your level of expertise and patience. WB2010 still has a few kinks to work out, so if you're really good with electronics, this version won't be a problem. It has an updated parts list and only uses two boards. On the other hand, the RC1.0b has little to no problems (unless it's user error), but some of the parts are out of circulation, so you'd have to find a replacement. This version uses three boards - a main board, a battery board, and an antenna board (where the 2010 version combines the battery board and antenna board). Because of this three board setup, these sets are more expensive, and I don't have any available right now, so there would be a delay in me ordering the batch, and then shipping out to those who want them. I'll post prices once I talk to the fab house and once I figure out how many sets I'm ordering.

Q: How much is shipping and how long will it take to ship to (where I live)?

A: $5 covers USPS shipping costs to anywhere in the US and any country that accepts USPS International shipping (if you have internet, you likely live in a country that the US can ship to). Shipping time in the US ranges from 3-5 business days, and shipping time outside the US ranges from 6-10 business days. I can get it there faster if you need me to, but the cost goes up depending on what method of shipping you want.

Any other questions, you can ask here, in a PM, or through email. I should get back to you within 48 hours.

protobug

Post by protobug »

hi i will purchase boards just lemme know my email is [email protected] thanks

Dirtygerman

Post by Dirtygerman »

I would like to buy two boards, pm info or if email is easier, [email protected] thank you.

foglie0p

Post by foglie0p »

Hi,

I buy one set right away. Contact me by email [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

pascal

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I've just sold the remaining sets I have in stock. I plan to order more, but it may be some time until I do so. I'll start a new thread when I have more available.

krazz

Re: Wave Bubble Boards - Out of Stock

Post by krazz »

I would be interested in at least one set, maybe 2.

tony18183

Post by tony18183 »

Hi,

Do you still have any left in stock?

I want to buy one set. Contact me by email [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

hishamomran

Post by hishamomran »

What's the price? Please contact me through [email protected]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”