jamner with biometric authentication

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pilas

jamner with biometric authentication

Post by pilas »

Ok. am from university of ghana. doing a jammer as a final year project, i call it an intelligent gsm signal neutralizer , jammers are not illegal here by law plus a lot of car accidents are as a result of cell phone use by driver . i checked out ladyada's project on wave bubble, and i wanna do the same thing but due to the fact that unscrupulous persons can use this device for evil, i decided to inculcate a finger print authentication system so that the right people will only have access to the device. i was thinking on the micro-controller to use and the type of finger print module. i will appreciate any suggestion. thankx.. open source for life.

asselinpaul

Re: jamner with biometric authentication

Post by asselinpaul »

Here you go: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8881
Sparkfun only because Adafruit does not have this type of product.
This should be pretty simple if you know how to build a jammer.
Best of Luck
Paul

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”