Ok got an odd one here ??? QQQQ???

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lanmasterd

Ok got an odd one here ??? QQQQ???

Post by Lanmasterd »

Hey everyone
ive got the my battery board finished and a thought just crossed my mind and i need it cleared up.. u see i ordered capasitors from a local parts place and i was sent out the parts i ordered .. now wat i got was
0.1uf 126 ceramic capacitor @50volts
now the problem im having is the parts list on the buld page says 16volts min does this mean i cant go below 16volts or does it mean it has to be 16volts exactly ..
id like to know cos if i dont open the caps i got i can exchange them for the rite ones..
hope someone gets back to me soon.

ps. is this the same for all capacitors on this build.. ie when it says minimum is that the volts needed or the volt not to drop below. like if i have the 50volts cap can i use them with no problems

thank everyone
Lanmasterd

dennis84

Post by dennis84 »

it is the voltage you may not go over -> maximum voltage :)

Lanmasterd

Post by Lanmasterd »

Hey everyone
ive got the my battery board finished and a thought just crossed my mind and i need it cleared up.. u see i ordered capasitors from a local parts place and i was sent out the parts i ordered .. now wat i got was
0.1uf 126 ceramic capacitor @50volts
now the problem im having is the parts list on the buld page says 16volts min does this mean i cant go below 16volts or does it mean it has to be 16volts exactly ..
id like to know cos if i dont open the caps i got i can exchange them for the rite ones..
hope someone gets back to me soon.

ps. is this the same for all capacitors on this build.. ie when it says minimum is that the volts needed or the volt not to drop below. like if i have the 50volts cap can i use them with no problems

thank everyone
Lanmasterd
just another question too.. in the tunning section can people who have built this so far tell me wat values they are getting for the Resistors values
R8 and R9
my sums are not working out.. thanks ...
Also is there any way to use something other then the 1206 Ferrite bead L9, L10, Noise reducing ferrites i can find them on either the 2 sites where parts were got from on here.

rc:line

Post by rc:line »

You can find surface mount ferrite beads on old computer motherboards. They'll be the little black rectangles in series with the mouse or keyboard connector.

Lanmasterd

Post by Lanmasterd »

thanks rc:line i didnt realise i might already have a few of them .. i got a few old pcs about. nice one.. are all ferrite beads the same though.. ? nice one for ur reply

rc:line

Post by rc:line »

Ferrite beads vary with the material they are made from and the amount of current they can handle. For this application, there shouldn't be any problems with salvaged computer ferrite beads.

If you can only find the ones that are physically *really* small, you can put several in parallel to handle higher currents.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”