combo WB parts

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hahahehihoha

combo WB parts

Post by hahahehihoha »

My original post here stated that my WB assembly attampts failed because of a lack of engineering disciples and that I was looking for someone to swap their "working version" with my "parts for almost two".

Since then, I have gone to therapy and took up night shifts at McDonald's. Their wireless headsets inspired me to purchase more PCBs, replacement parts for the ones I screwed up and a YAGI antenna.

Also found a pro SMT assembler.
Last edited by hahahehihoha on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

man that really sucks. sorry to hear about it. it is a very very difficult project, best for someone who is comfortable with debugging and analyzing smt electronics and reading datasheets. :(

hahahehihoha

good times

Post by hahahehihoha »

I feel good. Learned more than at school by doing and attempting something I had absolutely no knowledge about when I started. It is amusing to see how few people see the WB (and its complimentary possibilities and potential extrapolations) as less dangerous than a loaded gun.

For those sucsexfully assembled, apply it to an X-dollars-per-second aim...try it at a motion picture set (director's video preview feeds are wireless), a McDonald's (drive-through headsets)....
Last edited by hahahehihoha on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

none_such

WB applications

Post by none_such »

I just want to prevent my students from taking phone calls during class and maybe getting outside help during an exam. The University I work at is located in the highest cellphone-per-person ratio in the world - 1.1 phones in use per person nation-wide. I know people who have three different, functioning cellphones(this is due to competition between phone service providers). Additionally, the school has no formal honor system so I can't expect the students to fulfill the panoptic role of informing on each other when cheating does occur.

Now if I had a "Microwave Bubble" I could destroy all cellphones regardless of them being on or off; render useless the car of that idiot driver I encountered during the commute this morning. However, the prospect of even briefly exposing people to that kind of radiation is criminal: pace makers; brain cells, the plethora of unintended consequences ... Maybe I can borrow a phrase from the gun lobby: [technology] doesn't [annoy] people, people [annoy] people. Or something like that.

I think the irritation we experience with cellphones is on par with the problems people encountered when land-based phones were first introduced into the home. The sentiments are the same: in Italian they answer the phone saying "Pronto", as in "Quickly, your call has interrupted what I was doing and I don't want to be on the phone."

Cheers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”