flow solder...the whole board?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thephilbot

flow solder...the whole board?

Post by thephilbot »

hi all,

i have been researching the wave bubble a lot, getting familiar with with the build and such. i've found that solderpaste is really good for the high density chips that are required, and as i've thought about it, i've been wondering if one could simply solderpaste the entire board and make it. i'm a bit new to solderpaste...i'm usually a thru-hole guy. i was wondering if anyone has tried to make the entire board with solderpaste. any thoughts?

Andrew02E

Post by Andrew02E »

Solder pasting the entire board, probably not a good idea. You'd probably end up with a lot of solder bridging from excess amounts of solder.
You could try using a syringe and applying paste only on the areas you need it. That's usually how I work with fine pitch SMT parts... apply flux, apply solder paste with a syringe, and hit each pad with a fine tip soldering iron under a magnifying glass, starting on the lead and dragging the iron away down the pad... the surrounding paste will liquify and pull onto the lead and pad with a very high rate of success.
That's just my way though. There's lots of ways to do it, just look on Google and you'll find lots.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”