SXA-389B order?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
antares

SXA-389B order?

Post by antares »

Hi guys,

finally got all my Wave Bubble parts together... except the SXA-389B amplifiers. I'd rather stick to the schematics and don't feel comfortable with the idea of a substitute. So I tried to contact a few sales representatives of RFMW in Europe. Unfortunately it seems like you can only get them directly form the source.

Ok, so I thought about placing an order. RFMW sells them for $3.30 each (EXW) plus $50 (FedEx) / $25 (USPS) shipping to Europe plus all the customs. I just need 10 of them so it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Furthermore I don't have a credit card and since they charge $25 extra as wire transfer fee I would end up paying a lot more than I wanted to for only a bunch of them (even though the current EUR-USD exchange rate is quite favorable).

I was wondering if any of you are also interested in buying some SXAs and would like to order a bigger amount. Maybe we could get about 10 people together and buy say 100 of them. I would do it myself, but as I said RFMW offers no payment options other than credit card or the expensive wire transfer.

regards,

antares

antares

Re: SXA-389B order?

Post by antares »

Hi,

if there is anyone living in Germany (or around) who is interested in ordering some SXA-389B's, please send me a PM.
I intend to order from RFMW the next time and need to know how many people would like to join.
Price would be about 4 EUR each, maybe less (depends on the EUR-USD exchange rate and the number of participants).

regards,

antares

foo23bar

Post by foo23bar »

I am interested (got PM)

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

I just ordered some samples, not sure how many I will be getting (asked for 10) but they should be here in the next week or so. I only need two, so if you need a couple send me a pm and I can send you a couple. I am in US by the way.

antares

Post by antares »

Thanks, that would be great. I just sent you a PM.

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

I actually just got my delivery and there were only two included...arrgh. To get the samples I just embellished a project I was working on. Sorry I couldn't help.

antares

Post by antares »

Only a few people PMed me about this and altogether we could only order a small amount. But maybe I was thinking of this the wrong way. What about that:

If someone in the US is willing to order from RFMW, we would join in with a demand of about 50.

We could make two groups and look for participants in the US and in Europe. Perhaps we get together an order of 100 SXAs and benefit from the quantity discount. I think that would save a lot of trouble and money since
we'd split up the total cost.

Anyone interested?

sheepke

Post by sheepke »

I'm ordering the SXB's so.. it would be nice though since i live in Belgium and you in Germany

neutered

Post by neutered »

is anyone actually thinking of doing this? (i was thinking of going w/ the 4089 mod when i got there). i'm in the us and could order. the digikey minimum is 1000 (not going to happen :-) but i never checked directly w/ sirenza.

antares

Post by antares »

The SXB-4089Z would be no problem since it's available at Digi-Key (it is more expensive though).

But according to this thread you need to change the placement of some passive parts and upgrade the voltage regulator as well when using it. So I thought of ordering the SXA-389BZ as described so you don't have to adjust anything in the schematic.

All in all, I'm not really convinced of the SXB replacement. But I'd be interested in other peoples experiences with this amp.

[EDIT]

I just checked Digi-Key; seems you can't order the SXB from outside the US. But their min quantity for US orders is 1 so where'd you get the 1000?

cmolson

Post by cmolson »

This is the last part I need to get... I am still debating which one to get. From the SXA-389B website it seems like the min order is 25 which is about $80 not including shipping. For 100 it was about $300.

A group buy would be interesting, the issue I would have is that I would like to get them asap.

neutered

Post by neutered »

antares wrote:I just checked Digi-Key; seems you can't order the SXB from outside the US. But their min quantity for US orders is 1 so where'd you get the 1000?
hmm... the last time i checked, it said that the min order was 1000. i haven't looked in a little while since actual work got in the way.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... 9b&x=0&y=0

cmolson

Post by cmolson »

Yeah it shows 1000 for me as well (Canada)....

antares

Post by antares »

Oh, ... sorry. There's a little misunderstanding on my side here. Just to clear that out I meant the SXB-4089B as I said above; it is available as single part at Digi-Key. I thought that neutered was referring to this part, but apparently got it wrong. The SXA-389B has a minimum quantity of a thousand, of course, that's correct.

antares

Post by antares »

I thought this SXA389B group order thing would attract more participants, but unfortunately it didn't.

But thanks to a nice fellow from Canada I finally got a bunch of them and can now finish my project.

For that reason there is no need to order from RFMW any more and I am closing the thread.

[EDIT]

... or someone with the necessary privileges can.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”