Fresh Air (more than 40 meter range)

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Creative

Fresh Air (more than 40 meter range)

Post by Creative »

Acknowledgment :

I would like to thank [ ladyada.net ] for the useful information

none_such

Post by none_such »

Couldn't you find a box that fits the transformer?

warebear

Post by warebear »

Now I see why I couldn't complete my Fresh air...heh I only had 1 of the 3 boards needed.

no wonder the PCB was confusing me...

website says "other's still being worked on..." and that would be my issue.

:roll:

warebear

Post by warebear »

Does anyone happen to have all the PCB schematics for this project? I dont' care if they are big as a house I'm trying to design a case for this project, based it off the 1 pcb I could download from the main ladyada.net site but then I found out I had 2 other PCB's I was missing (seeing in the picture above.)

What I'm testing is I have an old cell phone and want to figure a way to use it's battery, and it's antenna, and power buttons and such to turn it off and on. Heh...cell phone case for a cell phone jammer...running off cell phone guts. LOL.

This is the phone I have (have 2 of them that I can "piece out")
Kyocera 3225

I'm thinking if I can combine them into a multilayer board and remove the LCD display and just put an led to show it's off and on, nice thing is it has LED's along the side of the LCD display already so figured I would use them, this would be a neat little play toy. (for educational use and study only <.< >.>)

none_such

some assistance

Post by none_such »

the jammer pictured above is very clear in its layout, however it is not very elegant or portable. it relies on household power as indicated by the hefty transformer; the pcb to the right of this is the guts of the power supply - this MUST be well regulated and clean for the jammer to work properly. a quick search for AC to DC power supplies will yield the schematics for this part. the pcb on the lower left is obviously a few op amps and passive components that compose the tuning circuit; check this http://my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/vo ... lators.htm for a tutorial in VCO tuning with links to oscillator tutorials and this http://mit.edu/~ladyada/thesis.pdf for how the Wave Bubble accomplished its tunning feat. The pcb to the lower right is the one you already know about. If you can build this simple device then I would recommend building your denuded and canabilized cellphone-housed-jammer as the need to fit a clean DC/DC power supply and adjust your design accordingly might prove to be a huge headache on such a small scale for someone with little experience and probably no access to a spectrum analyzer. Good luck

tadongdropbox

Re: Fresh Air (more than 40 meter range)

Post by tadongdropbox »

Cool. I'm building the 2010 version with through hole components.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”