Selling these?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
moses_410

Selling these?

Post by moses_410 »

So, I'm not sure if I would ever actually do this as it would be really expensive but would there be anyway to advertise the sale of these premade on my etsy shop or elsewhere? I know that the device is not legal in the US but could I just say that it is not legal in the US and not to use it there and still ship units from and to the US? And if I did sell them what would be the worst that could happen to me legally? would I just get a 'please don't sell these things' letter or a fine or what.
Thanks

aqisnotliquid

Re: Selling these?

Post by aqisnotliquid »

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I guess you could sell them to people in the US. It would be the people in the US buying them that could get into trouble. I doubt they could do anything in your country unless they are illiegal there.

amberwolf

Post by amberwolf »

Except he's talking about shipping *from* the US, which means he's here, which means anything he does commercially with the WB is illegal.

moses_410

Post by moses_410 »

Darn, oh well, thanks for the info

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”