parts kit for sale

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
raf1919

parts kit for sale

Post by raf1919 »

i am very intrigued by this project, it would be my greatest electronic accomplishment to build this. however i'm already stuck at step 1 figuring what and how to order all the parts. does someone sell the complete parts kit. everything you need to do this.

also i have all the tools... minus the specturm anaylzer, is that really needed?

also what is the range on the finished product?

amberwolf

Re: parts kit for sale

Post by amberwolf »

Since it's illegal to sell a kit like that, you're not going to find one in any public place.

I don't have any answers for the other questions.

bnm

Post by bnm »

dasverlangen

Post by dasverlangen »

[quote="raf1919"]i am very intrigued by this project, it would be my greatest electronic accomplishment to build this. however i'm already stuck at step 1 figuring what and how to order all the parts. does someone sell the complete parts kit. everything you need to do this.

also i have all the tools... minus the specturm anaylzer, is that really needed?

also what is the range on the finished product?[/quote]

Spectrum analyzer would not be necessary WERE you to build said illegal product, however, it could be QUITE helpful in the process.

In theory, with the correct programming, all frequencies of radio waves could be effectively jammed.

As for range of effective "jamming," it would depend on various conditions.

However, as Limor notes, she got an effective radius of approximately 6 metres (20 feet).

Also, it goes without saying, but obvious FBI agent is obvious.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”