Where does lady ada's boards come from?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
p07gbar

Where does lady ada's boards come from?

Post by p07gbar »

In the Wave bubble page the boards have no resist or silkscreen, I am wondering where she gets the boards.

cmolson

Re: Where does lady ada's boards come from?

Post by cmolson »

They are there, usually in eagle cad you have to select other layers to display

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

I think he's asking where she actually gets them made. I would assume those are something she made herself, but you can get boards like that from www.barebonespcb.com
It's fast, cheap, and for low-quantity orders.

karlgg

Post by karlgg »

Yes, the plain ones look like she probably etched them herself. It's not like she made a sack full of them... With a laser printer, it's not too hard to do them neatly. (Not sure inkjets work for that - but I never tried, and haven't Googled it.)

cmolson

Post by cmolson »

Yep looks like home made goodness...

I have made a few boards using a laser printer.. I would also assume an inkjet would not work, toner is a powder and sticks to the paper hence it can peel off... inkjets use ink... which is absorbed by the paper so it won't peel off...

p07gbar

Post by p07gbar »

Yeah, how does the plated through holes then?

cmolson

Post by cmolson »

Yeah thats a good point... Double sided boards made at home can be a pain... there are through hole kits you can get which I think are like rivets sort of, so it is possible to do through hole at home.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I'm about to attempt through hole plating myself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”