SpokePOV win source?

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Rampart

SpokePOV win source?

Post by Rampart »

Hello ladyada!
We make some spokePOVs by your project but on the SMD-components. Looks pretty good:)
If somebody needs, I can share PCB design files.

Right now I work on double-spokePOV - single controller drives two spokes with leds.

But the question is
Your Windows application (SpokePOV ver.1.4) available only as exe.
Can I ask you for its sources? I want to translate it into russian (unbelievable but some people has troubles with its interface).
Attachments
First and second SpokePOVs
First and second SpokePOVs
IMG_0013a.jpg (205.89 KiB) Viewed 2741 times

adafruit

Re: SpokePOV win source?

Post by adafruit »

all sourcecode is at sourceforge

Rampart

Post by Rampart »

Thanks a lot!
Indeed there are sources on the sourceforge. I can't find them before because these pages of Sourceforge are just not working under IE and Opera. Only Firefox.

derek shaw

Post by derek shaw »

Hello everyone I am new to this forum but greatly admirer ladyada's work, I have been in touch via email with Amanda Macdonald Crowley of Eyebeam.org and she suggested I post a message to this forum. I personally am not a programmer but I do run a club in Southend on Sea, BANNED, England (http://wiki.soslug.org). I have some programmers one of which goes by by the name of "Imran Raja" who would like to work on a Linux version of the SpokePOV application specifically, as devout Linux enthusiast we take exception to using Wine and a Windows application to configure SpokePOV hardware, although we do agree it works rather well. We also have some German programmers that a friend of mine Graham Harwood knows he is an International renown Media Artist and currently in addition to his usual work, lectures at Goldsmith University in Depford (Nr BANNED in London) and has run many projects with Amanda from Eyebeam. The above is provided to instil some confidence that I am very serious about working with Ladyada's development team for the SpokePOV project in time for a Media Showcase we intend to run on September 26th in Southend.

I have been to sourceforge and unable to locate the source code at the following address for the Windows application ver 1.4

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=222114

The C++ source code as I believe the windows version is written in would be most useful to us along with an development notes that you may have please get in touch with me as soon as possible or email me at [email protected] if anyone else would like to assist in this project please email me directly.

Derek Shaw

derek shaw

Post by derek shaw »

Code update

Well I did say I wasn't a programmer now it seems I owe everyone an apology sourceforge does have source code I am not sure what I am looking at lots of 1.1 not what I was expecting really.

Anyway I shall post the link of to the programmer and see what he makes of it.

If you want to find the code yourselves you need to think out of the box and not look in the obvious place ie. with the binaries. Move your gaze to just below the header you will find a line of options

summary tracker mailing-lists forums code services download documentation tasks

select code option and then well I am lost

Derek Shaw (SoSLUG)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

if you check the forum, someone did a port to linux for you

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”